Parkway South High School A+ Program
The A+ Program was started by the Outstanding Schools Act of 1993 as an incentive for improving Missouri's high schools.
PROGRAM INFORMATION NIGHT
Follow A+ on Twitter @PSouthAPlus
Volunteer Fair on September 23 -- Information
New A+ Scholarship for Missouri State - JUST ANNOUNCED
-Check it out: : http://www.missouristate.edu/financialaid/scholarships/freshmanscholarshipprograms.html
Upcoming Community Service & Tutoring Opportunities
Contact Bonnie Hoerner at the info below for more information:
Health & Wellness Director
West County Family YMCA
636-532-6515 x 259
Elementary A+ Tutoring
Fall Tutoring for A+ will begin October 1st. Students who are interested must attend a mandatory tutor placement meeting on Friday, September 7th during academic lab in the A+ Office, 2508. Information about placements as well as sign ups will be done on the 7th.
Goals of the A+ Program:
- All students graduate high school
- All students complete high school studies that are challenging and that have identified learner expectations
- All students proceed from high school to college, post-secondary vocational/technical school, or a high wage job
Participating High Schools are encouraged to:
- Reduce the dropout rate
- Raise academic expectations by eliminating general track courses
- Provide career pathways for all students
- Work closely with business and educational leaders to better prepare students for their lives after graduation
Attend an A+ high school for three years immediately prior to graduation (10th-12th grade). , I will receive reimbursement for the college expenses determined by legislative approval and appropriation of funds each year. This is on the condition that I meet the following requirements:
- Earn an accumulative high school grade point average of a 2.5 grade point or higher on a 4.0 scale (non-weighted).
- Maintain a 95% high school attendance record for the 4 year period (attendance is not rounded up).
- Perform 50 documented hours of unpaid tutoring or community service through a non-profit organization:
- a. 25 hours MUST BE tutoring
- b. 12.5 hours may be job shadowing
- Establish a record of good citizenship with no drug or alcohol offenses.
- Make a documented good faith effort to secure federal post-secondary student financial assistance funds during the last semester of the senior year so as to obtain the A+ financial incentive (FAFSA).
- Register for Selective Service, if applicable (as required by law).
- Beginning with the high school senior class of 2015, have achieved a score of proficient or advanced on the official Algebra I end of course exam, or complete the first semester at a postsecondary institution with a minimum of twelve (12) hours or the equivalent and a two and one-half (2.5) grade point average prior to receiving A+ tuition reimbursement.
To retain this eligibility after high school graduation, I understand that I must enroll and attend on a full-time basis a Missouri public community college or public career/technical school, AND maintain a grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.