Due: Sunday, August 07, 2050
Source: University of Texas, Teaching Resource Center
The goal of this activity is to generate discussion among student groups about a specific topic or content area.
1. Teacher conducts a brief (10-15 minutes) lecture on a topic or content area. Teacher may assign a reading or written assignment as well.
2. Instructor then gives the students a set of generic question stems.
3. Students work individually to write their own questions based on the material being covered.
4. Students do not have to be able to answer the questions they pose. This activity is designed to force students to think about ideas relevant to the content area.
5. Students should use as many question stems as possible.
Math: How does Domain affect Range? What is the best method to solve this system? What if there is an imaginary number as a solution? Explain how to find an X intercept?