1. Getting Aquainted - Helping students and/or teammates get to know one another by building a sense of comfort and belonging.
2. Team Identity - Helping students and/or teammates build a sense of community by successfully completing a particular task, activity, or project together as one cohesive group.
3. Mutual Support - Helping students and/or teammates create a sense of trust and support amongst each other.
4. Valuing Differences - Helping students and/or teammates identify their own values, learn the values of their classmates, and understand that there are no right or wrong values.
5. Developing Synergy - Helping students and/or teammates work in cooperation. The goal is that the group product is better than any individual working alone
Kagan, Spencer. Cooperative Learning. San Clemente, CA: Kagan Publishing, 2002.
|Activities / Announcements / Assignments||Description||Approximate Due Date *|
|Bouncing Ball of Questions||8/07/50|
|The Post-It Note Game||8/07/50|
|Writing Class Expectations||8/07/50|
|Would You Rather...||8/07/50|
* Due dates are subject to change.