Our website has moved. Please visit our new website at http://www.parkwayschools.net/
Logo

Links

"This Is Parkway" Digital Magazine

Project Parkway

Goal Committee Meetings

Focus Area Meetings

Sub-Committee Meetings

Sub-Committee 2/C/1 Meeting - October 26, 2009

Location:

Central High

Committee Members:

Karen Coulson

Sue Harbstreet

Kevin Mabie

Jeremy Mitchell

Donna Volk

Agenda Items

1. The team reviewed responses to our question: "What practices, events, lessons, or clubs represent or encourage diversity and awareness in your building?"

2. The team searched for common practices among schools and for holes where policy was in place but no practice existed.

3. The team decided to better organize current results and to continue compiling results for a better middle school representation.

 

Actions Taken

1. Kevin Mabie will create a spreadsheet to better show policy practices in place and holes that exist.

2. Jeremy Mitchell will work to gain middle school input.

3. Group will find practices that address color, sexual orientation, mental illness and disability, race, physical disability, national origin, gender, religion, personal appearance, socioeconomic status, and other emotional needs. Group will seek to identify other areas of diversity that exist.

4. Kevin Mabie and Jeremy Mitchell will confirm that work completed by other subcommittee groups, including that of the group led by Sean Doherty, is not overlapping work done by our group. We decided it may be necessary for our groups to share at an upcoming meeting.

 

Summary

The team reviewed the wide array of results we received to the question: "What practices, events, lessons, or clubs represent or encourage diversity and awareness in your building?" It was decided that the results needed to be better organized to truly show what practices well represent diversity in our buildings. Work will be completed to better organize the results.

Close this Box