Parkway will again use the AlertNow service to notify parents by phone and e-mail about school and district cancellations, news and activities. For the system to be effective, it is important to notify our registrar during the year if changes occur.
New Text Messaging Option - Parents now have the option to receive text messages to their cell phones in emergency situations only. To get text messages, you must “opt-in” online at
https://www.alertnowsms.com. The PIN number for Parkway School District is the six-digit number 096095. Questions or comments can be e-mailed to Alertnow@pkwy.k12.mo.us.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS ABOUT RECEIVING CALLS FROM ALERT NOW:
· Caller ID will display the school’s main telephone number for general school announcements. General messages will go to the student’s home phone, as well as any other parent’s home phone if provided on the Census Verification Form.
· For district or emergency-type messages, caller ID will display (314) 415-8500, which can be called back to hear a recording that describes the message.
· Emergency calls will be directed to parents’ cell and work phone numbers in addition to the home and other parent phones. Text messages will also be sent to parents who opt-in for this service.
· Be sure to say “hello” when answering calls to hear the AlertNow message.
· Messages that are in progress may be restarted from the beginning by pressing 1.
You can link to a story on the Parkway Web site. The link is http://www.pkwy.k12.mo.us/backtoschool/schoolClosings/alertNow.cfm