Alert Now Messages
AlertNow Message Information for Parents
For the 2011-2012 school year, Parkway will again use the AlertNow service to notify parents by phone and/or e-mail about school and district cancellations, news and activities. It is important for parents to include accurate phone numbers and e-mail addresses on their students’ Census Verification Forms in August, and to notify their school registrar during the year if changes occur.
Text Messaging Option - Parents have the option to receive text messages to their cell phones in emergency situations. To get text messages, parents must "opt-in" online at https://www.alertnowsms.com. The PIN number for Parkway School District is the six-digit number 096095. Parents no longer wishing to receive text messages must opt-out at the same Web site.
Checking Messages - To replay or review previous AlertNow messages from Parkway, a parent can go to
www.alertnowmessage.com. Enter the 10-digit phone number or e-mail address to be checked and click the "Search" button.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS ABOUT RECEIVING CALLS FROM ALERTNOW:
· Caller ID will display the school’s main telephone number for general school announcements. General messages will go to the student’s home phone, as well as any other parent’s home phone if provided on the Census Verification Form.
· For district or emergency-type messages, caller ID will display (314) 415-8500, which can be called back to hear a recording that describes the message.
· Emergency calls will be directed to parents’ cell and work phone numbers in addition to the home and other parent phones. Text messages will also be sent to parents who opt-in for this service. The ID number displayed will be 55629.
· Be sure to say "hello" when answering calls to hear the AlertNow message.
· Messages that are in progress may be restarted from the beginning by pressing 1.
Questions or comments can be e-mailed to: