|Parkway North A+ Coordinator: LuAnn Fallahi
Parkway North High School A+ Program
Students: If you would like to receive e-mails regarding upcoming A+ tutoring and community service opportunities along with other A+ news, use the following link to enter your name and e-mail address: A+ Student E-mail List 2012-13.
Parents: If you would like to receive e-mails regarding upcoming A+ tutoring and community service opportunities along with other A+ news, use the following link to enter your name and e-mail address: A+ Parent E-mail List 2012-13.
The CLC is now open before and after school for homework help. See Mrs. Fallahi in the A+ office for more information or to request a tutor.
- Tutor/Community Service Online Training - CLICK HERE
- Search for St. Louis volunteer opportunities that match your interests @ http://www.stlouisvolunteen.com/
UPCOMING COMMUNITY SERVICE EVENTS (CLICK TO EXPAND)
The Quarters at Des Peres located at 13230 Manchester Rd.
We are a Senior Care and Memory Support Community. We have 2 floors. The first floor is Rehab and Skilled Long Term Care and the second floor is our Long Term Memory Care. We would love to give students in the community the opportunity to earn their necessary community service hours here!
The following are just some of the many programs that we could use extra help with: Exercise,
- ***All volunteers must complete an application and background check before beginning. Volunteers need to be at least 16 years old .Interested students should contact Sarah Vinson directly to set up individual working hours. See contact information below:
- Sarah Vinson
- Work 314-821-2886
Cell: 636-399-1729 (preferred method of contact)
- 13230 Manchester Road
Saint Louis, MO 63131-1706
- Lutheran Senior Services
- Lutheran Senior Services are in need of volunteers to help transition elderly people into retirement communities (packing up their homes, etc.) for community service hours. Please call Cindy Wadell at 314.262.8223 to volunteer.
- The Center for Hearing and Speech
COLLEGE ANNOUNCEMENTS (CLICK TO EXPAND)
JOB SHADOWING OPPORTUNITIES (CLICK TO EXPAND)
- MISSOURI DEMOCRATIC COORDINATED CAMPAIGN INTERNSHIP AND VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE!
Come and intern with the Missouri Democratic Coordinated campaign! The campaign is looking for bright, energetic individuals who want to help reelect Senator Claire McCaskill and help our other Democratic candidates win statewide!
Hours are completely flexible with a small requirement, and the Coordinated Campaign team is a lot of fun. No experience necessary. To apply for an internship with the Missouri Democratic Coordinated campaign or learn about volunteer opportunities, apply online at http://missourideminternships.notlong.com, call us at 314-669-4516, or email us at email@example.com.
Goals of the A+ Program:
- All students graduate high school
- All students complete high school studies that are challenging and that have identified learner expectations
- All students proceed from high school to college, post-secondary vocational/technical school, or a high wage job
Participating High Schools are encouraged to do the following:
- Reduce the dropout rate
- Raise academic expectations by eliminating general track courses
- Provide career pathways for all students
- Work closely with business and educational leaders to better prepare students for their lives after graduation
- Enter into a written agreement with Parkway North High School prior to graduation
- Attend an A+ designated high school for three consecutive years immediately prior to graduation
- Graduate with an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale (grades 9-12)
- Have an overall attendance rate of 95% or higher (grades 9-12)
- Perform 50 documented hours of unpaid tutoring or community service through a non-profit organization:
- 25 hours MUST BE tutoring
- 12.5 hours may be job shadowing (see attached Job Shadow Application for details and requirements)
- Job Shadow Application
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs and alcohol
- Make a good faith effort to secure federal aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Register with the Selective Service (males only)
- Students who meet or exceed these requirements will be eligible to attend a Missouri public community college or vocational/technical school tuition-free. A student is eligible to access the A+ funds for 4 years after their graduation date. Other Missouri post-secondary institutes also offer financial incentives.
Additional Information and Forms: