- Time to Register for Preschool, Kindergarten
- Answers to Budget Questions Now Online
- Three Candidates File for Board of Education; Candidate Forum March 12
- Calendar Changes & Professional Learning in 2012-13
- Parkway Career Fair for All High School Families March 5
- Parkway Chess Tournament Coming March 10
- Nominate a Parkway Grad for the Hall of Fame
- Parkway Administrators Announce Their Retirement
- Trivia Night to Benefit Parkway Students
- FEB. 3 DEADLINE to Nominate YOUR Pillar of Parkway
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Answers to Budget Questions Now Online
Following a budget presentation to the board of education on January 11, the administration and board members have had a number of meetings with parents and staff to discuss plans for reducing expenditures by 3 to 5 percent over the next two years.
To provide more clarity and detail about the proposal, answers to some frequently asked questions have been developed and are now available online.
To review the general categories and dollar amounts which are being considered in the plans, read the news story that was posted following the January board meeting.
Today Parkway’s revenues are less than they were four years ago and the trend is expected to continue. Our schools have worked hard to keep expenditures down (less than 3 percent increase per year), but we cannot continue to balance the budget without reducing expenditures.
The school board is expected to further discuss and vote on budget recommendations at its meeting on February 8.