- Project Parkway Set to Recommend Changes for the Future
- New Central High Science Building Opening this Month
- Preliminary List of Superintendent Candidates Presented to the Board
- All Schools Getting New Safety Devices
- Filing Begins for Board of Education Candidates
- Student Performances Provide Entertainment for All!
- Register for Parkway
- It's Your Turn to Nominate a Pillar!
- Seniors Have Until Jan. 14 to Enroll in A+ Schools
- Help Parkway Win $250,000 for Solar Energy!
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
New Central High Science Building Opening this Month
Central High science students and staff might be looking forward to a nice winter break in December, but there’s another milestone some are anxiously awaiting first--the opening of their brand new science building! Construction of the state-of-the-art facility was funded by the 2008 bond issue.
The new building features eight large lecture/lab classrooms, an outdoor classroom and a rain garden. Each science lab is equipped with the latest technology for student learning, including 12 computers, a SMART board, a traveling media cart and safety features that include showers, eye washes and chemical and acid storage closets.
Classes are scheduled to begin moving to the new building on Monday, December 6. A major renovation of the existing science areas at Central--the first since 1961--is complete and students are already enjoying the much-improved spaces.
There are two videos posted online -- a time-lapse video of the construction progress and a feature story on the science renovations and addition. South High will be the next high school to undergo major renovations to its aging science facilities.