- Coming Soon: MyEdline Connecting Parents, Teachers & Students
- Safety & Security in Parkway Schools
- Students Interview and Select Their Teacher
- Central High Hits Triple Play on ACT
- Add Delayed Start Days to your Calendar
- Parkway & Rockwood Consider Partnership
- Great Deal on Cardinals Tickets!
- Parkway International Family Night
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Safety & Security in Parkway Schools
Join us on Monday, September 16 as we continue our progress together on Project Parkway and discuss safety and security in our schools.
Important decisions will be made this year and we need your help!
Thanks to your hard work and that of more than 400 volunteers, the Parkway School District is making steady progress toward accomplishing the goals established in our 2011-2016 strategic plan.
Our first meeting this year will be from 7-9 p.m. on Monday, September 16, in the commons area of South High School, which is located at 801 Hanna Road in Manchester 63021.
Future meetings and topics include:
Monday, November 18
West High 7-9 p.m.
Enrollment Trends/Future Classrooms
Monday, February 10
Central High 7-9 p.m.
Facilities 2020, Part 1 (bond issue)
Monday, March 31
North High 7-9 p.m.
Facilities 2020, Part 2 (bond issue)
You can find a copy of the strategic plan as well as an update on our progress and on the Parkway website. A few recent accomplishments include:
- Top scores in latest state evaluation
- Expanded Character Education
- Lengthened elementary school day
- Implemented full-day Kindergarten
- Implemented Professional Learning Communities (2-hour delayed starts)
- Restructured the Algebra I curriculum
- Adjusted boundary lines in North area
- Reduced operating budget for efficiency
- Installed solar panels and secured grant to replace diesel buses with compressed natural gas buses
- Implemented Campus Technology Access project to allow students to bring their own electronic devices to school (BYOD)