- Election Day is Nov. 6: Have You Done Your Homework?
- Parkway Plans to Reduce 2013-14 Budget by 1 to 2 Percent
- Celebrate Parkway Alumni Hall of Fame Class on Nov. 17
- 2013-14 School Calendar Now Online
- South High Senior Aces ACT Exam
- Parkway Blood Drive on Nov. 3
- Central High Theater Students Present 'The Diviners' This Weekend
- Parkway Medical Program Helps Students Prepare for Careers
- Nike Sale is Back at South High Nov. 2-4
- Free Electronics Recycling at South High Nov. 10
- Parkway Craft Fairs Continue Through Nov. 18; North High This Weekend
- Join Us for the Nov. 12 Project Parkway Meeting!
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Plans to Reduce 2013-14 Budget by 1 to 2 Percent
Overall, Parkway's budget is much stronger today thanks in part to last year's $8 million in cuts and a 26-cent adjustment to the operating levy. But in order to balance future budgets and restore reserve funds to the required levels, an additional modest reduction will be required. Based on current projections, Parkway needs to reduce an additional 1 to 2 percent from the operating budget beginning with the 2013-14 school year. This amounts to approximately $2 to $4 million.
To this end, Superintendent Marty recently asked administrators to brainstorm ideas with staff members for possible reductions. Once an initial draft list of ideas is developed, it will be presented to a district-wide budget team consisting of teachers, administrators and support staff for review. This group will study the ideas this fall and bring forward initial recommendations to the school board using these budget principles as a guide. The initial recommendations will then be presented to the broader community for public input in early 2013.
After making any adjustments necessary based on community input, the school board will then vote on the final recommendations early next year. If approved, the reductions would begin with the 2013-14 school year. Please click here for additional background information.