- Celebrating a Very Good Year!
- Parkway Plans Pilot for Students to Bring Electronic Devices to School
- Child Care Options for Delayed Start Days
- Summer Reading Lists Online
- Online Report Cards Next Year for Middle and High School Students
- Parkway Book Sale Has Great Buys for Readers
- Parkway to Install Rooftop Solar Panels
- Parkway Students Show Off Chesterfield Chairs at June 2 Event
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Plans Pilot for Students to Bring Electronic Devices to School
Starting in the late fall of 2012, Parkway will allow students in middle schools and high schools to bring their own electronic devices—including laptops, iPads and other tablets, eReaders and smart phones—to school for educational purposes.
The goal is to provide students access to educational tools and resources that will help them become more capable, curious and confident learners as well as critical consumers and producers of information.
It will be optional for students to have personal devices and they will not be allowed in every classroom. Devices will only be permitted for use in class if the teacher determines it is appropriate.
The district plans to pilot the program at North High and Central Middle at the beginning of the school year before implementing districtwide.
Click here to read a media story about this and other Parkway technology plans.