- Three Teachers Win Albert Awards
- Summer School Registration Begins April 6!
- Share Your Views at Town Hall Meeting on April 8
- Parkway Juniors Take ACT on Wednesday, April 28
- Fun Family Fitness Day on May 2
- Parents' Parkway Partners Awards Announced
- Six Flags Day and Parkway Golf Tourney
- Parkway Digital Film Festival is April 29
- Chesterfield Medication Take-Back Program
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Share Your Views at Town Hall Meeting on April 8
What are your expectations for Parkway and our students? What do you want for your child?
Come and join discussions about Parkway's priorities and commitments with Parkway high school students, other parents, staff and community members at an important Town Hall meeting.
The meeting will be held from 7-9 p.m. on Thursday, April 8, at Parkway Central Middle School. Enjoy small group conversations and give us your written feedback on the commitments below and other topics. Your thoughts are important to us, so please plan to attend!
PARKWAY COMMITMENTS DRAFT #1 (April 1, 2010)
To accomplish our mission, the Parkway School District will:
- be a national leader in education by guaranteeing quality, integrity and innovation
- foster a school community that recognizes the uniqueness of students and believes in their ability to learn and succeed
- engage students in relevant learning through a guaranteed, viable district curriculum that is rigorous and worthwhile
- ensure students experience respectful learning environments that are safe, welcoming and well-designed
- support the health, well-being and character development of students
- build positive relationships among students, parents, staff and the broader community
- maintain a culture of accountability in which all departments, schools and programs collect and report relevant data on their progress toward mission-driven goals
- recruit, employ and retain the most exceptional staff members who are dedicated to educating the diverse Parkway community
- cultivate strong professional communities that utilize data, knowledge, experience and research to improve practice and accomplish goals
- nurture an appreciation of the role the arts play in our lives and culture