- What Should a Parkway Education Look Like?
- Science Renovations Begin at Central
- Parkway Earns Missouri Distinction
- Vaccines for H1N1 in Short Supply
- Parkway Students are STARS in Science
- Upcoming Parkway Craft Fairs
- PACCD General Membership Meeting in November
- South High's Nike Sale is Back
- New AlertNow Feature for Parents
- Tuesday, Nov. 3 Ballot has Two Countywide Questions
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Earns Missouri Distinction
Based on the district’s Annual Performance Report (APR), Parkway has once again qualified for the state's designation of “Distinction in Performance for High Achievement” for the 2008-09 school year. Parkway has received this distinction for nine consecutive years—since the award's inception. Continue reading for more details and the link to a recent report comparing Missouri standards to those in other states.
The Distinction in Performance award is based on the 14 academic performance standards that are the basis of the state’s accreditation program for all school districts. The standards are based on scores from the state-mandated MAP tests, graduation rate, attendance, ACT scores, and other indicators. Parkway met 14 out of 14 standards, including all of the MAP-based measures.
Click here to read about the recent report stating that Missouri’s standards are among the most rigorous in the nation—second-highest of all states in three out of four areas measured.