- Parents: New State Exams to Count for Grades
- Do You Know a 2009 Pillar of Parkway?
- Budding Scientist from Central High Scores Big, Wins $75,000!
- Learn About Board Candidates, Vote April 7
- West High Student is State Runner-up in Poetry Out Loud Contest
- Parkway has Eight of Missouri's Top 100 Scholars
- Two Parkway Students Receive State Citizenship Award
- Six Flags Deals!
- Students' Work Featured at Parkway Film Festival
- Parents Invited to Learn From Noted Math Author
- Ten Students from Parkway Named to Missouri Scholars Academy
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Budding Scientist from Central High Scores Big, Wins $75,000!
William Sun, a senior at Parkway Central High School, recently won second place out of 40 national finalists in the Intel Science Talent Search, a premier national science competition for high school students.
The award came with a $75,000 scholarship. He met with President Barack Obama, along with other students from across the country. Sun also had a perfect score on the SAT and has been accepted to Yale, Stanford and Rice universities.
For more information you can read the stories in the March 10 and March 11 issues of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, view his interview on KPLR channel 11, and see photos and video on the Intel Web site.