- Parkway Students to Vote Nov. 4
- Parent Feedback Wanted on Counseling Programs
- Parents: Prepare for School Closings!
- Parkway High School Students are STARS--One Earns Pfizer Research Award
- Parkway Bond Issue Information
- Parkway Alumni Association Inducts 25 into Hall of Fame
- Central High Production has Important Lessons for Students
- College Recruiting Event for Student Athletes
- Central/South High Craft Fairs Coming Soon!
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parents: Prepare for School Closings!
It’s getting to be that season again.
In addition to winter weather, emergencies can also occur during the school day. Parents, please ensure you have a plan in place outlining each family member’s responsibility during an emergency school closing, and be sure to review it with your child.999999
AlertNow messages: Parkway parents will receive a recorded phone message when school is closed due to weather or unforeseen emergencies. If the closing occurs late at night or very early in the morning, only home telephone numbers will be called. If school closes during the day, parents’ cell and work phones will also be called, and messages sent to parents' e-mail addresses.
In addition to the AlertNow phone messages, the traditional sources of closing information will continue to be available through the Parkway Web site at http://www.pkwy.k12.mo.us, the 415-SNOW hotline at (314) 415-7669 and local media outlets.
Important: Be sure to keep your school informed of any phone number and e-mail address changes throughout the year so that you will receive emergency and/or routine phone and e-mail messages.