- Board Approves Bond Issue for Facilities Improvements
- Parkway Student Earns Perfect ACT Score
- Parkway Teachers Constantly Learning
- Parkway Financial Reporting Earns Honors Again!
- BMW Golf Championship Closes Roads Near 141/Ladue
- Interested in Scouting?
- Another Parkway Six Flags Day Nov. 2
- Student Legislative Forum Sept. 8
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Teachers Constantly Learning
On Friday, August 29, while students were sleeping in or getting an early start to the Labor Day weekend, Parkway staff participated in their first of four professional development days of the 2008-09 school year.*****Teachers—just as any other professionals—need to continually learn and update their practices as individual teachers and as teams.
Planning a day early in the school year, when state testing results have just been released, allowed some teachers to learn and share ways to use the new Parkway Access and Reporting System (PARS) to analyze data and elevate student achievement.
In addition, some teachers are learning about and planning for new state high school assessments called End of Course (EOC) exams. EOC exams will take the place of state MAP tests in core subjects such as Algebra I, English II and Biology. Parkway participated in field testing and planning prior to implementation in spring 2009.