- Celebrating a Very Good Year!
- Parkway Book Sale Has Great Buys for Readers
- Parkway Chef Works to Make Nutrition More Appealing
- Parkway Awarded Excellence in Financial Reporting
- Parkway Retirees Association Awards Scholarships
- Parkway and Rockwood Resume Discussions about Community Ed Partnership
- Parkway Joins American Red Cross Safety Program
- Parkway Golf Tourney June 7
- Join Parkway for Cardinals Game Sept. 15
- Check Out Parkway Summer Reading Lists and Library Reading Clubs
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Chef Works to Make Nutrition More Appealing
Over the past several years Parkway has made it a priority to provide more nutritious school meal offerings. Even so, it is a continual challenge to entice students to choose those healthier options. When Food Services recently reorganized, they made the decision to incorporate a culinary professional on the staff who could make the food more appealing and flavorful without adding calories or fat.
Dan Flick, pictured above with Central Middle students, has been production supervisor and chef for the district since late January. He was an instructor at L'Ecole Culinaire before coming to Parkway. Flick is incorporating more spices and fresh foods into the meals, and introducing new dishes such as Southwest chicken salad and beef stroganoff.