- Just Released! Parkway Digital Magazine & Annual Report
- Registration for Summer Classes Starts April 5
- Congratulations, Pillars of Parkway!
- Parkway Family Fitness Day May 1
- Drop Off for Old Electronic Items on April 2
- VOTE! Board of Education Election Tuesday, April 5
- Remember to Order a Yearbook
- Think Summer! Discounts on Six Flags & Cardinals Tickets
- Know Before You Go! Detour at Ladue and Route 141
- "Mission: Possible!" New Video Released
- Honor Your Favorite Teachers During Teacher Appreciation Week
- Exciting Osuwa Taiko Drummers Come to Parkway for Japanese Benefit Concert
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Exciting Osuwa Taiko Drummers Come to Parkway for Japanese Benefit Concert
Mark your calendars! On Friday, April 29, at 7:30 p.m., the St. Louis Osuwa Taiko Drummers are coming to Bellerive Elementary School. This dynamic and exciting group performs annually at the Japanese Festival at the Missouri Botanical Garden.
“Taiko” means “big drum” in Japanese. These drums have been used in Japan for thousands of years. The St. Louis Osuwa Taiko will present a 45-minute concert, followed by a workshop session in which the audience will have the opportunity to try the drums. Visit their website at http://www.stltaiko.com/.
The concert is free and open to the public. Monetary donations will be collected for the Japanese people affected by the earthquake and tsunami. Please plan to come and bring your family and friends!
Questions? Please contact Amy Gregory, music teacher at Bellerive Elementary.