- Presenting the 2012 Pillar of Parkway Nominees
- Congratulations, Parkway 2012 Teachers of the Year!
- Parkway Career Fair for All High School Families March 5
- Parents and Children Preview Summer Program Ideas on March 29
- Parkway Engineering Program Offers College Credits
- Parkway Board Approved Budget Recommendations
- Parkway High School Students Earn Science/Engineering Kudos
- Trivia Night to Benefit Parkway Students
- Mark Your Calendar: Parkway Digital Film Festival April 26
- Registration Open for Parkway Chess Tournament March 10
- Board Candidate Forum on March 12 at South Middle
- Central High Presents, The Diary of Anne Frank
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Registration Open for Parkway Chess Tournament March 10
All Parkway students, grades kindergarten through high school, are invited to participate in the annual Parkway District Chess Championship, hosted for the first time by the Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis in the Central West End. The five-round tournament is Saturday, March 10.
Tours of the 16,000 square-foot World Chess Hall of Fame, will also be available. In March, the WCHofF will feature Marcel Dzama’s contemporary chess exhibit and “Harry Benson’s Photographs of Bobby Fischer.”
There is no fee for the tournament (excluding parking) and many trophies and medals will be awarded to top individuals and schools. In addition, the top winner in each section will receive a free membership to the Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis.
Students can pre-register for the tournament online at SaintLouisChessClub.org or by contacting Alex Vergilesov Scholastic Coordinator, by e-mail or phone at (314) 361-2437. Walk-in registration will take place the day of the tournament from 9-9:45 a.m. Tournament play begins at 10 a.m. and concludes with the awards presentation at 1:50 p.m. There will be 30 minutes for lunch after the third round. Students are encouraged to bring a sack lunch.