- Parents: New State Exams to Count for Grades
- Do You Know a 2009 Pillar of Parkway?
- Budding Scientist from Central High Scores Big, Wins $75,000!
- Learn About Board Candidates, Vote April 7
- West High Student is State Runner-up in Poetry Out Loud Contest
- Parkway has Eight of Missouri's Top 100 Scholars
- Two Parkway Students Receive State Citizenship Award
- Six Flags Deals!
- Students' Work Featured at Parkway Film Festival
- Parents Invited to Learn From Noted Math Author
- Ten Students from Parkway Named to Missouri Scholars Academy
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parents Invited to Learn From Noted Math Author
Parkway parents interested in learning more about how students can improve in mathematics are invited to hear a lecture by guest speaker and math author, Greg Tang, from 7-8 p.m. on April 15, 2009, at the Central Middle School Theater, 471 N. Woods Mill Road, 63017.
Tang's session will be based on his day-long workshop entitled, "Go Fast, Go Far," which is focused on helping students develop number sense and effective mental computation strategies.
Greg Tang has authored several books dedicated to furthering student proficiency in math, including "The Grapes of Math" and "Math for All Seasons."
For more information, call (314) 415-7042.