- Parkway Bond Issue November 4
- Henry and Mason Ridge Among Eight Blue Ribbon Schools in Missouri
- Emergency Notification System Test on October 16
- Meet the High School CEO
- Teenage Scientists
- New! Tutor Connection Program
- Alumni News: Craft Fair, Hall of Fame, Parkway Night with the Blues
- Parkway Counselor Recognized as Outstanding Educator
- Safety Day in Parkway
- Parent Meeting: Preparing Students for College
- Student Video Contest
- Parkway has 26 National Merit Semifinalists
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parent Meeting: Preparing Students for College
Learn more about the Family Connection website and how it can help your child prepare and plan for college at an upcoming parent meeting.
When: Central High Commons
369 N. Woods Mill Rd
Chesterfield, MO 63017
Where: Wednesday, October 15, 6:30-8 p.m.
Family Connection is a comprehensive website that you and your student can use to make plans about colleges, and careers. Students create an account in sixth grade and use this system through 12th grade for college applications. Family Connection is linked with Naviance, a service that we use to track and analyze data about college and career plans, so it provides up-to-date information that’s specific to your school.
Family Connection allows your student to:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process – Build a resume, complete online surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers
- Research colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from your school for students who have applied and been admitted in the past
- Research careers – Research hundreds of careers and career clusters, and take career assessments
- Create plans for the future – Create goals and to-dos, and complete tasks assigned by the school to better prepare your student for future college and career goals.
- Prepare for the ACT—High School students have access to PrepMe- an assessment system that creates an individual study plan based on needs and timeline
- Family Connection also lets us share information with you and your student about upcoming meetings and events, local scholarship opportunities, and other resources for college and career information.
Learn more about this system with a consultant from the company at this parent meeting.
For more information, please contact Erin Schulte email@example.com or 314-415-7055.