- Free Teaching and Learning Apps
- Snow Day Update
- These are the Pillars of Parkway
- Parkway Teachers of the Year
- Ask the Board Candidates
- National Breakfast Week - Prizes Every Day
- West Middle Student Wins St. Louis Spelling Bee
- Barretts Included in St. Louis 250th Birthday Celebration
- West High Among Best Yearbooks in Country
- South High Tops in Math
- Chesterfield Chamber Expo on Thursday
- Welcome Home Blues Olympians
- Summer of Fun Event
- Food Allergies 101 Event
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
South High Tops in Math
Parkway South High has some of the best high school mathematicians in the country, as demonstrated by their 13th-place finish in the 2014 Four-by-Four Competition, a national mathematics contest administered by National Assessment & Testing.
Coach Scott Degitz prepared students for this contest, in which teams of four participated in ten three-minute rounds answering four questions. This effectively gives each student three minutes to answer one problem, but the team must also decide who will work each problem and whether their time would be better spent checking one another’s work on easier and more familiar problems or if they should attempt to answer all four questions.
The team of Andrew Dong, Brian Cheng, Lydia Lin, and Rachel Zhang had the highest score at Parkway South, leading their school to place 13th overall among the top schools in the country.