- Central High Open House Features New Science Building
- Kindergarten Registration Begins Feb. 15
- Fifth-Grade Band Information Night Jan. 10
- Board Approves New Playing Surface for High School Athletic Fields
- Submit Your Nominee for Pillar of Parkway!
- Seniors Have Until Jan. 14 to Enroll in A+ Schools
- Filing Continues for Parkway Board of Education Candidates
- Granting Dreams Applications Now Being Accepted
- Parkway Chess Tournament Jan. 15
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Chess Tournament Jan. 15
All Parkway students are invited to participate in the annual Parkway Chess Tournament on Saturday, Jan. 15, 2011, at Parkway Central High School. Pre-registration is strongly encouraged.
Make checks payable to Parkway School District and mail to:
1439 Shagbark Court
Chesterfield, MO 63017
You may also contact Ms. Hack for additional information through e-mail.
Registration on January 15 will be held from 8-8:30 a.m. The cost per family is $5.00, regardless of the number of children registered. All students will play five rounds of chess beginning at 9 a.m. Trophies will be awarded at the end of the tournament (usually around 2:30 p.m.).
Students compete at either an elementary level (grades K-5) or advanced level (grades 6-12). Students must be supervised at all times by a parent or a teacher. Parents who arrange supervision must arrive to pick up their children by 2:30 p.m.
Advanced students (grades 6-12) should bring chess clocks. In addition, all students should bring chess sets and lunch, as well as activities to pass time between rounds. Some drinks and light snacks will be available for purchase.
Parent and teacher volunteers are essential in order to make this event a success. No chess knowledge is required. To volunteer for a shift, or for additional information, call Claire Hack at (636) 519-9209.
Please note: In case of inclement weather, listen for cancellation announcements on KMOX.