- Get a Jump Start
- Annual Family Update
- New Preschool
- 2015-16 Calendar
- Parkway Named Top Workplace
- New Leadership
- Oak Brook Named National School of Character
- Bellerive Named a Lighthouse School
- Bus Drivers Win Safety Competition
- Making the Most of Family Time this Summer
- Parents as Teachers Celebrates 30 Years
- Parkway Alum Wins 25,000 Hole-in-One
- Summer Construction Update
- Summer Learning with Lemonade
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Bus Drivers Win Safety Competition
Kudos to two Parkway bus drivers who took first place in the 44th Annual School Bus Driver Safety Competition.
Doug Stevens, left in the photo, earned first place in the rookie division for transit style buses, which are similar to Parkway's CNG buses. Mark Keiser, right in the photo, earned first place in the rookie division for conventional style buses. They are pictured with Greg Zembledge, center, who took fourth place in the experienced division for conventional style buses.
The competition consists of three parts: driving skills, a written exam, and a defective bus inspection, where drivers have 6 minutes to find 6 defects in a pre-trip bus inspection. Held in June, the Bus Driver Safety competition is sponsored by the Missouri Association for Pupil Transportation.