Parkway e-News Story
Recycle Anything Drive Through Drop Off
Recycle almost anything including electronics, expired prescriptions and confidential documents at a free, drive through event on Saturday.
In their effort to promote energy conservation and recycling, the Chesterfield Citizens Committee for the Environment will be hosting an event to celebrate Chesterfield/Missouri/America Recycles Day on Saturday, November 9 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the parking lot of Central Park, located at 16365 Lydia Hill Drive.
This annual event offers the opportunity for residents to responsibly dispose of and recycle numerous household items. Items that are being collected at the FREE, convenient drive-thru event include:
- All single stream items such as newspaper, glass, and plastics by Allied Waste
- Bicycles - St. Louis Bicycle Works
- Light bulbs by Home Depot
- Electronics (TVs, computers, small appliances) by MERS
- Used clothing, linens, and paired shoes by REMAINS, Inc.
- Shredding of confidential Documents by CINTAS (5 box limit)
- Fabric (clean and folded); yarn; needlework; sewing tools, notions, & accessories; and sewing machines by Charity Sharity
- New and used building materials and home supplies by Habitat for Humanity's ReStore program. See habitatstl.org
- Non-perishable food and personal care items by Operation Food Search (no glass containers, all items unopened/unused, all must be within "use by" stamp on product.
- Expired and/or unused prescriptions & over the counter medications by the Chesterfield Police Dept.
For more information about the event, call 636-537-4000