- Save on Back-to-School Computers, Supplies, Clothing During Sales Tax Holiday August 3-5
- Check Out Your School Supply Lists Online
- Parkway Phones, Website Unavailable July 13-15 Due to Planned Power Outage
- Registration Currently Underway
- Hwy. 141 Completion & Woods Mill Closure July 14
- Office Equipment to be Auctioned July 11
- Change in School Meal Prices for 2012-13; Free and Reduced Program Available
- Price of Admission for Athletic Events Rises
- Parkway Students Work with Scientists During Annual STARS Program
- Play Ball! Parkway Family Night at Busch Stadium Sure to be a Hit!
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Students Work with Scientists During Annual STARS Program
Twenty-one students representing all four Parkway high schools were selected for the Students and Teachers as Research Scientists (STARS) summer program at the University of Missouri-St. Louis (UMSL).
The program pairs students with top research mentors from UMSL, the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, Saint Louis University, Washington University in St. Louis and the Solae Company.
There are 82 participants from 33 high schools in the St. Louis metro area, as well as California, Florida, Illinois, Iowa and Greece.
The 21 Parkway students selected for the 2012 STARS program are:
Central High: Louis S. Wang, Rebecca Moyi Zhang, Jonathan Herbert Brand, Henry Du Chen, Victor Ge, Tommy Huan Du
North High: Yu Deng
South High: Shreya Sharma, Mindy Xu, Nagasai Sindhura Yalavarthi, Satya Pavan Yalla, Alice Ling Zou, Humza Ahmed, Michael Thomas Esker, Katherine Yufan Li, Jenna Louise Lin and Joyce Chen Lin, Brian Cheng , Kevin Jed He
West High: Ann Ni, Tatsumi Yanaba
STARS will wrap up its six week program with a ceremony at 3 p.m. July 20 in the J.C. Penney Building/Conference Center at UMSL. The event is free and open to the public.