- Last Day of School is May 23; Register Now for Summer Programs
- Vote Today to Help South High Art Program Win Competition
- Online Report Cards Next Year for Grades 6-12
- Honor Your Favorite Teacher During Teacher Appreciation Week
- Parents Encouraged to REGISTER Kindergarteners for 2012-13
- Parkway Family Event May 5 Includes FITNESS FLASH MOB
- Key Info for Parents about PLC DAYS, Calendar, Child Care
- Join Friends for Parkway June 8 GOLF TOURNAMENT
- ROSS Named National School of Character Finalist
- New Parkway Administrators Announced
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
ROSS Named National School of Character Finalist
Congratulations to Ross Elementary, Principal Lisa Luna (pictured left) and the entire Ross community on being selected as a Finalist for the 2012 National School of Character (NSOC) award! Ross was selected as a Missouri School of Character in 2011 and is one of eight Missouri schools selected as a National Finalist.
The Character Education Partnership (CEP) sponsors the School of Character programs to recognize schools and districts that demonstrate an exemplary level of implementation of CEP’s 11 Principles of Effective Character Education and identify sites to serve as models. Schools and districts that achieve this status agree to offer guidance and outreach to others in their journey in character education.
The NSOC Review Panel convenes in early May to select the National Schools of Character from among the pool of Finalists.