- Time to Register for Preschool, Kindergarten
- Answers to Budget Questions Now Online
- Three Candidates File for Board of Education; Candidate Forum March 12
- Calendar Changes & Professional Learning in 2012-13
- Parkway Career Fair for All High School Families March 5
- Parkway Chess Tournament Coming March 10
- Nominate a Parkway Grad for the Hall of Fame
- Parkway Administrators Announce Their Retirement
- Trivia Night to Benefit Parkway Students
- FEB. 3 DEADLINE to Nominate YOUR Pillar of Parkway
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Administrators Announce Their Retirement
Kathy Blackmore, assistant superintendent for teaching, learning and accountability, has announced her retirement after 35 years in education. She has spent the majority of her career in Parkway, and is a Parkway Central alumnus. Blackmore started at Parkway in 1976 as an intern at Robin Hill Elementary and began teaching at South Junior in 1977. She has provided supervision over Parkway’s curriculum and instruction division since 2005.
Dr. Bonnie Maxey, assistant superintendent for elementary education and early childhood, has made the decision to retire at the end of the 2011-12 school year after 38 years in Parkway. Maxey began her career in Parkway in 1974 and was a teacher at Bellerive Elementary for 11 years. Following an administrative internship at Bellerive, she served nine years as principal at Ross Elementary until 1996 when she was selected as north area superintendent. Maxey has been in her current position since 2000.
Gary Mazzola, South High principal, has announced his intention to retire at the end of the school year after 31 years with Parkway. Mazzola started his career as a business teacher at West Junior in 1981. He served as an administrative intern and assistant principal at North High from 1986 to 1995 and has spent the rest of his career at South High as interim principal, assistant principal and--since 1999--principal. Mazzola and his wife Linda (both West '76) and their children are all Parkway alumni.