- Project Parkway Set to Recommend Changes for the Future
- New Central High Science Building Opening this Month
- Preliminary List of Superintendent Candidates Presented to the Board
- All Schools Getting New Safety Devices
- Filing Begins for Board of Education Candidates
- Student Performances Provide Entertainment for All!
- Register for Parkway
- It's Your Turn to Nominate a Pillar!
- Seniors Have Until Jan. 14 to Enroll in A+ Schools
- Help Parkway Win $250,000 for Solar Energy!
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Register for Parkway
All Parkway students are invited to participate in the annual Parkway Chess Tournament on Saturday, Jan. 15, 2011, at Parkway Central High School.
Pre-registration is strongly encouraged.
You may contact Ms. Hack for additional information through e-mail.
Registration on January 15 will be held from 8-8:30 a.m. The cost per family is $5.00, regardless of the number of children registered. All students will play five rounds of chess beginning at 9 a.m. Trophies will be awarded at the end of the tournament (usually around 2:30 p.m.).
Students compete at either an elementary level (grades K-5) or advanced level (grades 6-12). Students must be supervised at all times by a parent or a teacher. Parents who arrange supervision must arrive to pick up their children by 2:30 p.m.
Advanced students (grades 6-12) should bring chess clocks. In addition, all students should bring chess sets and lunch, as well as activities to pass time between rounds. Some drinks and light snacks will be available for purchase.
Parent and teacher volunteers are essential in order to make this event a success. No chess knowledge is required. To volunteer for a shift, or for additional information, call Claire Hack at (636) 519-9209.
Please note: In case of inclement weather, listen for cancellation announcements on KMOX.