- Parkway to Go Wireless in 2008-09
- Parents, Prepare for School Closings!
- Parkway Staff Certified in Internet Safety Education
- Parkway Students Earn Half of State Writing Awards
- Parkway Environmental Services Wins Regional Award
- Veterans Called to Service Again! Social Studies Collecting Artifacts
- Information for Parents About Staph Infections
- Nominate a Parkway Grad for PAA Hall of Fame
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Information for Parents About Staph Infections
A few cases of staph infection have been reported this year at one school--Parkway Northeast Middle. While this is not cause for alarm, it is important for all parents, students, and staff to be aware of the causes, prevention measures and treatment required for any staph infection.
A copy of the letter sent to Northeast Middle parents and a fact sheet on staph infections, are available at http://www.pkwy.k12.mo.us/northeast/documents/staphletter_000.pdf.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has also provided answers to frequently asked questions about staph infection at http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dhqp/pdf/ar/MRSAPatientInfoSheet.pdf.
Individuals should contact their health care provider or school nurse with specific questions or concerns.