- Social Media - What Parents Need to Know
- New Green Buses Hit the Road
- Five Candidates Running for Parkway Board
- Snow Makeup Days
- Summer Expo this Weekend
- Dream Grants Deadline Extended
- Swim Program Inducted into MO Hall of Fame
- St. Louis County Library Delivering Books to School
- Parkway Baseball Clinic: Grades 1-8
- Oak Brook and Sorrento Springs are Schools of Character
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Swim Program Inducted into MO Hall of Fame
The Parkway West swim program (boys and girls) was officially inducted into the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame in Springfield, Mo last weekend. WHS is only the 4th high school program inducted into the Hall and the first from the St. Louis area.
Since opening its doors in 1968, the boys and girls swimming programs of Parkway West have earned an incredible 23 state championships, roughly two-thirds of the school’s state titles from all sports combined. With their first accolades coming in the 1974-75 school year, the Longhorn swimmers have also racked up 29 conference championships, 32 conference tournament titles and six district crowns.
All totaled, West High has averaged taking home 2.6 championships per season since winning their first in 1975. To their credit, the Longhorns also have five state runner-up titles and six third place state finishes. A balanced school effort, the boy’s teams have garnered 54 championships, while the girls have accounted for 47.