- School Starts Tuesday, August 16!
- On the Go? Stay in Touch with Parkway's Mobile App
- Parents Can Request Text Message Notifications
- Get Cardinals Tickets at Special Price!
- Sales Tax Holiday This Weekend, Aug. 5-7
- Message from the Superintendent about Adequate Yearly Progress
- Child Care Available Before and After School
- Parkway Students Star in Summer Science Programs
- New Parkway Logo Will Debut This Year
- First All-District Musical Starts August 12
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Message from the Superintendent about Adequate Yearly Progress
This week, state education officials are releasing preliminary results to school districts from the spring 2011 Missouri Assessment Program (MAP). Results from these tests are used in determining adequate yearly progress (AYP) under No Child Left Behind (NCLB). For some background and perspective on AYP, please click here.
MAP scores are one of many measures Parkway uses to demonstrate our students’ progress toward meeting increasingly rigorous goals and objectives. Overall, Parkway’s MAP scores continue to improve and are higher than state averages. A letter to parents about Parkway’s results is posted on our website. You may also see 2011 AYP data for Parkway and each school on the state’s website.
Parkway has helped set the standard for academic excellence in the St. Louis region. We are proud of our school district and the achievements of our students, and are committed to continuous improvement. Parkway’s mission is to ensure ALL students are capable, curious and confident learners who understand and respond to the challenges of an ever-changing world.
You will soon be receiving more information about our goals and objectives for the next five years which we have developed with the help of Project Parkway. To learn more about Project Parkway, including the dates of quarterly meetings scheduled for 2011-12, visit www.parkwayschools.net/projectparkway.