- School Starts Tuesday, August 17!
- AlertNow Text Messages/Online Retrieval Information for Parents
- Join Project Parkway! Task Forces Starting Soon!
- Child Care Services Available Before and After School
- Sales Tax Holiday this Weekend, August 6-8
- Letter from the Superintendent about Adequate Yearly Progress
- Read 'Back 2 School' Online
- Order a 2010-11 Yearbook
- Community Education Classes Have Something for Everyone
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Letter from the Superintendent about Adequate Yearly Progress
Last week, state education officials released preliminary results to school districts from the spring 2010 Missouri Assessment Program (MAP). This marks the fifth year of testing for the new MAP benchmarks and Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) results for public schools in Missouri.
Overall, Parkway’s MAP scores continue to exceed the NCLB proficiency targets and are higher than the state average on all tests, but the district did not achieve AYP this year.
Read my letter about Parkway’s results, or you may see detailed 2010 AYP results for Parkway and each school on the state’s Web site. To learn more about AYP, please click here.