- Parkway Says Farewell to Superintendent Malito, Welcomes Dr. Senti
- Reading is Cool!
- Five Parkway Students Ace ACT
- Kim Cohen, Beth Knes Named McKelvey Administrators
- Summer Brings Parkway New e-Mail, Web Addresses
- Board Adopts New Mission and Vision
- Meal Prices in 2010-11; Free/Reduced Price Eligibility
- Parents Report Additional Student Information per Federal Law
- Parents: Are you Signed up for Infinite Campus?
- Parkway Auction July 14
- Parkway News is Hot this Summer!
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Board Adopts New Mission and Vision
At its June 16 meeting, the Parkway Board of Education voted unanimously to adopt new mission and vision statements as proposed by the Project Parkway Steering Committee.
These statements were developed with community input over the past year and will become the foundation for Parkway’s five-year strategic plan. A draft of the plan will be developed during 2010-11 by Project Parkway committee members.
The mission of the Parkway School District is to ensure all students are capable, curious and confident learners who understand and respond to the challenges of an ever-changing world.
We succeed when all our students and graduates are:
- able to transfer their prior learning to new demands, in and out of school
- fully prepared for their next educational challenges
- creative, thoughtful and effective problem solvers
- increasingly self-directed, skilled and persistent as learners
- literate and critical consumers of information and ideas
- articulate speakers and effective listeners
- acting out of a strong sense of personal, social and civic responsibility
- always seeking to understand the views, values and cultures of others
- working skillfully with others to achieve common goals
- pursuing a personal direction based on an understanding of their talents and interests
For more information about Project Parkway, visit our Web site. Participants are welcome to attend the first Project Parkway meeting of the school year at 7 p.m. on August 30 at Central High School.