- Parents: New State Exams to Count for Grades
- Do You Know a 2009 Pillar of Parkway?
- Budding Scientist from Central High Scores Big, Wins $75,000!
- Learn About Board Candidates, Vote April 7
- West High Student is State Runner-up in Poetry Out Loud Contest
- Parkway has Eight of Missouri's Top 100 Scholars
- Two Parkway Students Receive State Citizenship Award
- Six Flags Deals!
- Students' Work Featured at Parkway Film Festival
- Parents Invited to Learn From Noted Math Author
- Ten Students from Parkway Named to Missouri Scholars Academy
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway has Eight of Missouri's Top 100 Scholars
Eight Parkway seniors have been named 2009 Missouri Scholars by the Missouri Association of Secondary School Principals, sponsor of the Missouri Scholars 100 program. Schools from throughout Missouri were invited to nominate candidates for this state-wide recognition.
Parkway’s winners are: Jason Liangand and William Sun of Central High; Victoria Ngo-Lam and Gayatri Nijsure from North High; Laura Maguire and Xiaoran Xu from South High; and West High students Adam Friedman and Bob Han.
To qualify, students must have a minimum GPA of 3.75, a minimum ACT score of 29 or a minimum SAT score of 1,900, be ranked in the upper 10 percent of the class, and have taken upper level courses in mathematics, science, English and foreign language.
The student must also have excellent attendance, be an exemplary citizen and be involved in school activities.