Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Considers Adding a New Preschool
The Parkway Board of Education recently reviewed a proposal to lease a new facility to expand early childhood programs.
The plan, presented to the board in February, is to lease a building formerly operated by KinderCare and use it as an additional Parkway Early Childhood Center. The property is adjacent to North High.
“We are so excited about this opportunity. For some time, we have been looking to expand early childhood programs to serve a growing need in our community. Having two preschool locations will offer more convenient access to early learning programs for all Parkway families,” said Kevin Beckner, coordinator of student assessment.
The plan proposes that the new early childhood location would offer full-and half-day programs, parent-child interaction programs, screenings and expanded summer opportunities for Parkway families.
The building is located at 12790 Fee Fee Rd. A lease agreement will be presented to the board at its March meeting. If approved, Parkway plans to open the facility this fall.
The plan takes the following into consideration:
- The value of early learning on future academic success for our students
- Increased need for early learning opportunities and additional space to serve families
- Functionality of the building and low cost to convert the space to our needs
- Additional opportunities to serve students with disabilities
- Convenient property adjacent to North High