- Parkway Bond Issue November 4
- Henry and Mason Ridge Among Eight Blue Ribbon Schools in Missouri
- Emergency Notification System Test on October 16
- Meet the High School CEO
- Teenage Scientists
- New! Tutor Connection Program
- Alumni News: Craft Fair, Hall of Fame, Parkway Night with the Blues
- Parkway Counselor Recognized as Outstanding Educator
- Safety Day in Parkway
- Parent Meeting: Preparing Students for College
- Student Video Contest
- Parkway has 26 National Merit Semifinalists
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
New! Tutor Connection Program
The new TutorConnection program helps connect certified Parkway teachers and professionals with parents who are looking for private, fee-based tutoring lessons for their children at a Parkway location. The focus is to improve students' knowledge and skill-based performance of the district's curricular concepts.
Here's how the program works:
- Parents can view a list of all tutors available district-wide in Parkway.
- Teachers are not allowed to accept payment for tutoring their own students in subject areas in which they are assigning the student a grade. However, the superintendent is authorized to waive this requirement when a student requests private instruction and it has been determined that the student's teacher is the only qualified tutor available.
- Once you have selected a tutor, you can purchase your selected amount of tutoring minutes. If you do not see a tutor available other than the teacher assigning your child a grade, please contact the Community Ed office at 636-733-2169. We will work with you to try to identify a tutor for your desired location/subject area
- The tutor will contact you directly and you will work together to set the final tutoring times most convenient for your schedules.
How much does TutorConnection cost?
The fee for one-on-one tutoring is $49.50 per hour, with a two hour minimum purchase ($99 for 120 minutes). Once purchased, tutoring time can be used in any combination of 15 minute increments (i.e. 30, 45, 60, etc.). There may be small group tutoring options (maximum 3:1 ratio) available at a reduced fee in some subject areas.
Registration for TutorConnection is now open. Register here: https://rockwood.myprogramplus.com
For more information about the TutorConnection program, contact Kelly Regan, Parkway-Rockwood Community Education at email@example.com or call 636-733-2169.