- Coming Soon: MyEdline Connecting Parents, Teachers & Students
- Safety & Security in Parkway Schools
- Students Interview and Select Their Teacher
- Central High Hits Triple Play on ACT
- Add Delayed Start Days to your Calendar
- Parkway & Rockwood Consider Partnership
- Great Deal on Cardinals Tickets!
- Parkway International Family Night
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway & Rockwood Consider Partnership
Since April 2012 Parkway and Rockwood have been discussing the feasibility of a potential Community Education partnership as a way to improve upon opportunities for patrons and ensure viability of Community Education for the future.
According to Parkway Superintendent Keith Marty, “Both districts are always interested in identifying opportunities that can allow us to better serve our patrons. We believe a Community Education partnership has the potential to offer enhanced programming opportunities for patrons while doing so in a fiscally responsible manner, which is important given that Community Education is a self-funded department of both districts.”
Rockwood Interim Superintendent Terry Adams agreed, adding “These discussions have been about taking a proactive approach aimed at ensuring we have a sustainable Community Education program that can continue to meet the needs of patrons in both districts for many years to come.”
A recommendation is scheduled to be presented to both districts’ boards of education in September. If approved, the partnership would begin July 1, 2014.
For more information, click here.