- Parkway Schools Select Their 2013 Teachers of the Year
- Pillar Nominations Can be Submitted Online Now Through February 1
- Area Budget Meetings Begin at North High January 14
- Register for 2013-14 Kindergarten January 29; Have Chance for Free Jumpstart to Kindergarten Class
- Fifth-Grade Band Night is Monday, January 7
- Parents, Are You Ready for School Closings?
- Two Positions Open on Parkway School Board
- High School Families Invited to Career Fair Feb. 20
- Chesterfield PD Expands School Resource Officer Program to Elementary Schools
- Alumni Help Make Dreams Come True
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parents, Are You Ready for School Closings?
It’s that time of year when parents think about and plan for the possibility of “snow days” and other potential emergencies which might close school due to things like power outages and water main breaks. Following is information about how we will notify you of these events and about snow day child care.
Automated messages: Parkway parents will receive a recorded phone message at home, on their cell phones, and at work when school is closed due to weather or other emergencies. In addition, e-mail and text messages will be sent. To opt-out of text messages, parents may text "STOP PARKWAY" or "QUIT PARKWAY" to 23177 or 63079. You may opt-in by texting "SUBSCRIBE PARKWAY" to 23177 or 63079. Be sure to keep your school informed of any phone number and e-mail address changes throughout the year so that you will receive emergency and/or routine phone and e-mail messages.
Media Outlets, Website and SNOW hotline: In addition to automated messages, the traditional sources of closing information will continue to be available on TV and websites for KSDK-5, KMOV-4, KTVI-2, KPLR-11, and on the KMOX radio website. Closings will also be announced on Parkway’s website at www.parkwayschools.net and the 314-415-SNOW (7669) hotline.
Y Club Offers Snow Day Child Care: In the event that Parkway calls a snow day before 6 a.m. and classes are canceled for the entire day, the West County Family YMCA will provide elementary school-age childcare at Ross and Wren Hollow elementary schools. Hours for this this fee-based childcare are from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, contact Jeni Koenigsfeld at (636) 532-6515, extension 236. You can also visit the YMCA website.