- Congratulations to Pillar of Parkway Winners
- Now Available Online: Parkway Digital Magazine & Annual Report
- Registration for Summer Starts APRIL 3
- Town Hall Forum on Underage Drinking & Substance Abuse
- CURIOSITY a Topic at April 16 Project Parkway Meeting
- ALBERT AWARD Winners Selected
- Parkway DIGITAL FILM FESTIVAL April 26
- Last Call for TRIVIA; First Call for GOLF
- Parkway Annual Family Fitness Event May 5
- New Assistant Superintendents and Principals Named
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
CURIOSITY a Topic at April 16 Project Parkway Meeting
All parents, staff members and community partners are invited to attend the next Project Parkway meeting at 7 p.m. on Monday, April 16, at Parkway West High School, 14653 Clayton Road. (Please note new location.)
Are you “curious” about the agenda? We will start with some updates from 7-8 p.m., including how Parkway will approach and measure progress toward the goal of ensuring “all students are curious learners who understand and respond to the challenges of an ever-changing world.” Discussion led by Social Studies Coordinator Toby McQuerrey and Denise Pupillo, Coordinator of Gifted Education, will address questions like:
- What is curiosity?
- What is creativity?
- How do we know it when we see it?
- How do we measure it?
During the second hour, advisory teams will meet. All participants are welcome to join any of the groups below on the topics of:
- Assessment - Student panel on grading & feedback
- Facilities - Draft of space model & "Facilities 2020"
- Gifted services - Gifted program evaluation
- School climate - Bullying survey status & social/emotional learning standards
- Science - Science program evaluation
- Special education - Special services program evaluation
- Technology - Students bringing electronic devices from home, and final draft of technology plan
- Wellness - Student physical activity & physical education
The meetings earlier this year have all been very well-attended, and we hope to see another great turnout. Please come participate in this important and meaningful work.