- Presenting the 2012 Pillar of Parkway Nominees
- Congratulations, Parkway 2012 Teachers of the Year!
- Parkway Career Fair for All High School Families March 5
- Parents and Children Preview Summer Program Ideas on March 29
- Parkway Engineering Program Offers College Credits
- Parkway Board Approved Budget Recommendations
- Parkway High School Students Earn Science/Engineering Kudos
- Trivia Night to Benefit Parkway Students
- Mark Your Calendar: Parkway Digital Film Festival April 26
- Registration Open for Parkway Chess Tournament March 10
- Board Candidate Forum on March 12 at South Middle
- Central High Presents, The Diary of Anne Frank
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Engineering Program Offers College Credits
Parkway School District has offered Project Lead the Way (PLTW) pre-engineering classes in each of its four comprehensive high schools for the past five years. PLTW is designed to enhance science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education and is nationally certified, which allows students to earn college credits.
To ensure national standards are maintained, there is a re-certification visit every five years. During February, a team visited each Parkway high school as part of the recertification process. The team spoke with industry partners, district administrators, building administrators, teachers, counselors, students and parents at each school. As a result of this process, PLTW at each of the four high schools was re-certified.
Currently, there are more than 200 high school students enrolled in Parkway PLTW courses, which include:
- Introduction to Engineering Design
- Principles of Engineering
- Digital Electronics
- Civil Engineering and Architecture
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
An additional course in Biotechnical Engineering will be offered beginning in 2012-13.