- From the Superintendent...
- Parkway Co-Sponsors October 24 Forum on Dangers of Heroin
- Early Childhood Open House October 10
- School Time Changes Effective October 17
- 2012-13 Calendar Now Online
- Join a Project Parkway Advisory Team
- October Meetings on Proposed School Boundary Changes
- Important AlertNow Information for Parents
- Parkway Fall Craft Fairs Begin
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
2012-13 Calendar Now Online
The Parkway Board of Education approved the 2012-13 school year calendar and it is available online. A district committee comprised of teachers and administrators met in the spring to develop the calendar.
Calendar highlights include:
- First day of school on Tuesday, August 14, with a four-day week for students and teachers
- Final exams before winter break
- Spring break the third week of March, consistent with surrounding districts' breaks
- Balanced semesters, with 89 and 91 school days in the first and second semesters, respectively
- Replaces 2 full-day (8-hour) professional development days with 2-hour development sessions on eight days. Each would occur the first Wednesday of each month (except August and January). All schools will start 2 hours later than their regularly scheduled start times on these days.
- Designates Friday, March 29, 2013 as a “no school” day
- The school year would end just prior to the 2013 Memorial Day weekend.