- The Power of the Word "Yet"
- Preparing for Snow Days
- Dine Out in December for Parkway
- Three Positions Open on School Board
- Parkway Receives Highest Award on Audit
- Parkway Teachers Win Emerson Award
- Who Should Be in the Parkway Hall of Fame?
- West High Swim Program Headed to Hall of Fame
- Teacher in Afghanistan Gets 55 Boxes from Central High Students
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Receives Highest Award on Audit
The Parkway School District received the highest possible rating on a recent Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2013.
Once again, Parkway received an “unqualified opinion,” which is the highest distinction available in the auditing profession. An “unqualified opinion” essentially means Parkway’s financial reporting and internal control systems, as well as the financial condition of the district, were given a “clean bill of health.”
Each year, the Parkway School District undergoes a comprehensive, external review of the district's financial records. The 2013 audit was conducted by Kerber, Eck and Braeckel LLP Certified Public Accountants.