- Celebrating a Very Good Year!
- Parkway Book Sale Has Great Buys for Readers
- Parkway Chef Works to Make Nutrition More Appealing
- Parkway Awarded Excellence in Financial Reporting
- Parkway Retirees Association Awards Scholarships
- Parkway and Rockwood Resume Discussions about Community Ed Partnership
- Parkway Joins American Red Cross Safety Program
- Parkway Golf Tourney June 7
- Join Parkway for Cardinals Game Sept. 15
- Check Out Parkway Summer Reading Lists and Library Reading Clubs
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Retirees Association Awards Scholarships
The Parkway School District Retirees Association (PRA) recently held their annual scholarship awards luncheon and presented four scholarships to Parkway seniors who plan to pursue degrees in education. Gary Hall, PRA scholarship committee chairman and Superintendent Keith Marty made the presentation.
A $1,000 scholarship from the “Joyce Srenco Memorial Fund” was awarded to Central High student Kathleen McCaffrey, who will attend Missouri State University in the fall. Joyce Srenco taught for more than 30 years in Parkway as a first-grade teacher and was the founder of the gifted program. Joyce’s three daughters -- Joanne Minnihan, Elise Silverstein, who attended the luncheon, and Pam Wootton -- established the memorial fund seven years ago to honor their mother’s memory and dedication to the teaching profession.
Scholarships of $1,000 each were awarded to South High students Elizabeth Berendzen, who will attend Truman State; Elisa Erehart, who will go to Taylor University in Indiana; and Alexa Zepp, who will attend the University of Kansas.
|Elizabeth Berendzen||Elisa Erehart||Kathleen McCaffrey||Alexa Zupp|