- Save on Back-to-School Computers, Supplies, Clothing During Sales Tax Holiday August 3-5
- Check Out Your School Supply Lists Online
- Parkway Phones, Website Unavailable July 13-15 Due to Planned Power Outage
- Registration Currently Underway
- Hwy. 141 Completion & Woods Mill Closure July 14
- Office Equipment to be Auctioned July 11
- Change in School Meal Prices for 2012-13; Free and Reduced Program Available
- Price of Admission for Athletic Events Rises
- Parkway Students Work with Scientists During Annual STARS Program
- Play Ball! Parkway Family Night at Busch Stadium Sure to be a Hit!
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Hwy. 141 Completion & Woods Mill Closure July 14
The Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) has announced plans to celebrate the completion of the relocated Route 141 with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and other events on Saturday morning, July 14. A schedule for the morning is outlined below.
Although the new 141 roadway will be open from St. Luke’s Hospital to Page Avenue, there will be about a month during which Woods Mill Road between St. Luke’s Hospital and Parkway Central will be closed, and access to the Parkway Central campus will be limited.
Temporary Woods Mill Closure Affects Parkway
The current intersection with 141 at Central High will be closed after July 14, and access to the Central High and Central Middle campuses from the south during that time will only be possible via Olive Boulevard. Click here for a map showing the temporary road closure. All roads will be open by August 14 when school starts.
July 14 Opening Celebration
The morning’s celebration includes a 10K run on the new roadway; a period of open walking, running and cycling; and a ribbon cutting ceremony at 10 a.m. After the morning’s events, crews will prepare the roadway to open later that afternoon.
Parking for the event will be at Parkway Central High School, where shuttle service will be available to/from the ceremony location at Olive Boulevard.
Runners interested in participating in the 10K run can pre-register on-line at: http://bigshark.com/about/2012-route-141-run-to-get-it-done-10k-pg853.htm
The day’s schedule is as follows:
|6 a.m.||Registration for the “Route 141 Run to Get it Done” 10K|
|7:30 a.m.||Start “Route 141 Run to Get it Done” 10K|
Open walk/run/bike on relocated Route 141 between the Parkway Central Complex and Olive Boulevard and portions of the Page-Olive Connector
Ribbon cutting event under the Olive Boulevard bridge
|11 a.m.||Open walk/run/bike ends. Shuttle service continues from the ribbon cutting site to the Parkway Central Complex until 11:30 a.m. or until all attendees return.|