- Central High Open House Features New Science Building
- Kindergarten Registration Begins Feb. 15
- Fifth-Grade Band Information Night Jan. 10
- Board Approves New Playing Surface for High School Athletic Fields
- Submit Your Nominee for Pillar of Parkway!
- Seniors Have Until Jan. 14 to Enroll in A+ Schools
- Filing Continues for Parkway Board of Education Candidates
- Granting Dreams Applications Now Being Accepted
- Parkway Chess Tournament Jan. 15
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Central High Open House Features New Science Building
The community is invited to attend an open house and take a student-guided tour of the new Parkway Central High science building. Tours will be conducted from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. on Monday, January 10. Light refreshments will be served.
Construction of the state-of-the-art facility was funded by the 2008 bond issue. The new building features eight modern lecture/lab classrooms, an outdoor classroom and a rain garden.
Each science lab is equipped with the latest technology for student learning, including 12 computers, a SMART board, a traveling media cart and safety features that include showers, eye washes and chemical and acid storage closets.
There are two videos posted online -- a time-lapse video of the construction progress and a feature story on the science renovations and addition. South High will be the next high school to undergo major renovations to its aging science facilities.
Parkway Central HIgh School is located at 369 N. Woods Mill Road in Chesterfield.