- Three Teachers Win Albert Awards
- Summer School Registration Begins April 6!
- Share Your Views at Town Hall Meeting on April 8
- Parkway Juniors Take ACT on Wednesday, April 28
- Fun Family Fitness Day on May 2
- Parents' Parkway Partners Awards Announced
- Six Flags Day and Parkway Golf Tourney
- Parkway Digital Film Festival is April 29
- Chesterfield Medication Take-Back Program
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Three Teachers Win Albert Awards
Congratulations to teachers Anna Basler, Dave Beck and Michael Ozbun, who have been recognized by the Parkway Alumni Association (PAA) for inspiring others!
The PAA recently presented them with the Albert Award--named in honor of Dr. Al Burr, a retired principal and teacher in Parkway--and a check for $1,000 each.
The Albert Award is sponsored by the Parkway Alumni Association and funded by the Al Burr Make-A-Difference Fund to recognize inspiring young teachers at the very earliest stages of their careers.
Anna Basler, a Claymont kindergarten teacher (pictured above with Al Burr), is described as "incredibly gifted," a teacher who has built "an amazing learning community in which all students are valued by each other."
|Dr. Al Burr and Dave Beck|
Dave Beck, a North High English teacher (pictured right), creates a "a natural classroom climate that mirrors his own exuberance and intellectual capabilities."
Michael Ozbun, a math teacher in the REACH program (pictured below with director Helen VanDerhyden), brings "structure and consistency to his students while allowing for second chances."
|Helen VanDerhyden and Michael Ozbun|