- Mission is Foundation for Parkway's Future
- Last Call to Nominate a Pillar of Parkway!
- Parkway Students Raise Money, Make 'Kits 4 Kids' in Haiti
- Parkway Announces Two New Administrators
- Two Candidates File for Parkway Board of Education
- UM System President Forsee to Visit Parkway
- Parkway Alumni Hall of Fame Seeking Nominations
- Parents: Nominate Teachers for PACCD 'Parkway Partners' Award
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Mission is Foundation for Parkway's Future
What is Parkway’s mission? How does it serve as the foundation for our work? If we achieved our mission, what would each Parkway student know and be able to do? These and other questions are being studied by members of our community and they need your help. Please take a few minutes to give us your feedback on the latest draft of Parkway’s mission statement.
How was the proposed new mission statement developed? In the spring of 2009, several hundred Parkway community members began a long-range planning process called “Project Parkway.” A steering committee of teachers, administrators, school board members and parents was formed to draft a new mission and vision for Parkway.
The committee is currently working on draft #5, based on feedback they have received over the past year. Click here to review the latest draft of the mission statement, share your ideas and read what others have said.
The public is also invited to attend the next Project Parkway town hall meeting, which will take place from 7-9 p.m. on Thursday, April 8, at Central High School.