- First Delayed Start Day is September 5
- ALL Are Invited to September 24 Project Parkway Meeting
- Parkway Students Continue to Outscore State & Nation on ACT!
- Perfect Score for Parkway Again
- Reminder about 415-SAFE Anonymous Tip Line
- Parkway Maintains Highest AAA Bond Rating
- Parkway Family Night at Busch Stadium Sure to be a Hit!
- Parkway Websites Soon to Have New Look
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
First Delayed Start Day is September 5
As a reminder, Parkway’s Professional Learning Communities (PLC) are being implemented disctrict-wide this year. To maximize the effectiveness of PLCs, there are eight days throughout the year when schools will start two hours later than their usual starting time.
The first of these “delayed start” days for K-12 students is Wednesday, September 5. On these days, school buses will pick up students two hours later than the normal bus stop time.
With PLCs, small teams of teachers set aside a few hours each month (in addition to their regular meetings and planning time) to study data about student academic performance and share successful instructional practices with one another.
The delayed start days occur the first Wednesday of the month on the following dates: September 5, October 3, November 7, December 5, February 6, March 6, April 3 and May 1. Please note parents of students in preschool will have a different schedule in September and May.